HOW TO CREATE A PAGE-SPEED FRIENDLY POP-UP
In e-commerce, every second user waits for the website to load and costs you money.
That 1 sec. might be the difference between making or losing money on your ads.
But that’s not all, your page load speed also has an impact on your website’s SEO.
It’s really a big deal!
That’s why we are going to talk about pop-ups, their impact on page load speed and what you can do to minimize their effect.
Here are 5 things you can do to achieve that!
- Make sure you resize the images used in the pop-up to the right dimensions before using that. A 450px by 300px pop-up doesn’t need an image that is 2000px by 2000px. Resizing that image will reduce the image size as well!
- If possible, compress the image first before using it. The recommended size of image is 250kb. That will help you further reduce the impact of pop-up on load time.
- Don’t use multiple images in the pop-up! Having multiple images in the pop-up can not only confuse the users but also add to the overall load time of the pop-up. Try to have 1 featured image that is relevant to your brand and helps you convey your message.
- Don’t create an obstructing pop-up that disrupts buyer journey! Try to use recommended pop-up dimensions especially for mobile devices (Mobile: 360×640px, Desktop: 1366×768px)
- Don’t display the pop-up immediately… That’s like asking for someone’s number even before saying ‘Hi’. Let your visitors take a look at your site first and then subtly try to capture their information. How does this help your load speed? Your pop-up doesn’t have to render ASAP and that allows other elements of your website to load quickly!